By Carol Hornstein
SPRING COMES WITH GREAT EXPECTATIONS!
SO DOES CAREER SERVICES!
- Where? Schine Student Center, Suite 235. Please visit us early in your college career and often!
- What? We have a seating area in front of our welcome desk with a reference library, computer cluster, a variety of guides, magazines and pamphlets for you to take, as well as an exhaustive website.
- Who? Expect to be greeted by our friendly reception staff. We will always ask, “How can we help you today?”
- Why?The help we offer takes many different forms. Here’s why you should consider stopping in:
- Critique of the following: Resume, cover letter, personal statement, CV, portfolio and LinkedIn profile.
- Interviewing: Strategic preparation, coaching for commonly asked questions, mock interviews (calm those nerves with practice)!
- Networking: How it’s done, social media presence, connecting with alumni thru ‘CuseConnect, relationship building, researching your future employer – since they will be researching you!
- Career Exploration: Connecting to resources to help you with the next step after college and taking assessments to help you understand your personal strengths in relation to career options.
- Job and Internship Searching and Applying: What are the latest techniques? What is OrangeLink? Learn about search engines and the online process of applying to jobs.
- Major, Grad School, PhD, and Academic Advising: Need help with deciding your major? Do you want to go to grad school? Why? Are you ready? Where should you apply? We can assist PhD students in the academic job search as well.
- Events: Career Fairs, SUccess in the City, Workshops, Panel Discussions, and Etiquette Dinners – visit OrangeLink for a list of upcoming events (access it through MySlice).
- When? We can HELP:
- Hour-long appointments: can be made with our career counseling staff. Call 315-443-3616, from 8:30-5:00pm. These appointments can take place in person or over the phone or even with Skype!
- Thirty minute appointments: can be made with internship coordinators and our alumni programs coordinator. These appointments can also be in person or over the phone or even with Skype!
- 15 Minute Drop-Ins: are offered daily (hours posted on our website) and available on a first-come-first-served basis where you can meet with a counselor for a 15-minute session.