Welcome back to campus, #OrangeNation! While you have been away enjoying your summer and looking forward to returning to campus, we have been busy putting together programs and events for you. Here are a few workshops and programs taking place this fall:
- Open House: Stop by to see the office, meet the staff, ask questions, or just cure your curiosity! (August 29, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 235 Schine)
- Advice on the Quad: We’ll be on the quad with Dan Klamm of Syracuse University’s Lubin House in NYC a great time to learn about alumni networking opportunities and more. (September 2nd, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., the Quad)
- Networking with LinkedIn: Learn about how you can fully utilize LinkedIn to develop an outline presence and connect with professionals and alumni in fields that interest you. (September 5th, 235 Schine, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.). Please RSVP in OrangeLink as space is limited.
- Exploring Grad School: Featuring information on what to consider when exploring grad school, the application process, and how to research your options for the first hour. In addition, there will be a panel of current graduate students who can speak to their personal experience, struggles, and enjoyment of grad school as well as respond to YOUR questions in the second hour. There will be a brief 5 minute break between the two sessions. (Wednesday, September 10th, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Bird Library).
- Resumes for Undergraduates and Masters Students: Take your resume to the next level with these half-hour sessions during lunchtime. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates, 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m., 235 Schine).
- OrangeLink 101: Did you know that you can use OrangeLink for more than just job and internship searches? This workshop will teach you the basics of OrangeLink as well as some strategic tips and tricks to increase efficiency to leverage this system. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times, 235 Schine).
- Prepare for the Career Fair: Get ready for the career fair by learning how the career fair works, what to wear, what to bring, how to approach potential employers, and how to navigate the fair. Ask questions and leave ready to take on the Career Fair! (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times, 235 Schine).
It’s also never too early to start preparing for #SUCareerWeek or #SUCareerFair!
- Resumania:Friday, September 19th & 26th, 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 235 Schine Student Center
- Local Internship Fair: Wednesday, September 24th, 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Panasci Lounge, Schine Student Center
- iCareer Day: September 29, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Hinds Hall
- Career & Grad School Info Fair: Tuesday, September 30th, 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Carrier Dome
- Diversity in the Workplace: September 30, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., the Dome
- Engineering Career Connections Fair: October 1, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Goldstein Auditorium, Schine Student Center
- Whitman Career Fair: October 1, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Goldstein Auditorium, Schine Student Center
- Law School Info Fair: Thursday, October 2rd, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Panasci Lounge, Schine Student Center
Keep an eye out for more information on these events and the others from our office. We look forward to seeing you in 235 Schine and around the campus this year!