Welcome back to campus #OrangeNation! While you have been away enjoying your summer and looking forward to returning to campus, we have been busy putting together new programs and events for you. Here are a few snapshots of what you can expect this year!
- Lunch Resume Series: Take your resume to the next level with these half-hour sessions during lunchtime. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates, 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m., 235 Schine)
- Rethink OrangeLink: Making the Most of It: Did you know that you can use OrangeLink for more than just job and internship searches? This workshop will teach you the basics of OrangeLink as well as some strategic tips and tricks to increase efficiency to leverage this system. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times, 235 Schine)
- Prepare for the Career Fair: Get ready for the career fair by learning how the career fair works, what to wear, what to bring, how to approach potential employers, and how to navigate the fair. Ask questions and leave ready to take on the Career Fair! (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times, 235 Schine)
- Considering Grad School: Learn more about the process of applying to graduate school, what to consider, resources to utilize, and how to make your graduate school application competitive in this two-part series. (Wednesday, September 11th, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Bird Library and September 18th 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Bird Library)
- Senior Sessions: For those seniors approaching graduation, these sessions are designed to help in your job/internship search. They will help you learn how to maximize your resume, ace your interviews, and utilize your social media skills to connect with opportunities. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times and to RSVP)
- Business Smarts for Sciences and Arts: Interested in learning more about certain business related fields? These presentations bring the experts to you so you can follow a business career regardless of your major. (Check OrangeLink via MySlice for dates and times and to RSVP)
It’s also never to early to start preparing for #SUCareerWeek or #SUCareerFair!
- Local Internship Fair: Wednesday, September 18th, 11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Panasci Lounge
- Resumania: Monday, September 30th, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., 235 Schine
- Career Fair: Tuesday, October 1st, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Carrier Dome
- Grad School Information Fair: Wednesday, October 2nd, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Panasci Lounge
- Law School Information Fair: Thursday, October 3rd, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Panasci Lounge
Keep an eye out for more information on these events and the others from our office. We look forward to seeing you in 235 Schine and around the campus this year!