by Shannon Feeney
Employer Relations Coordinator

Hello blogosphere!  I am Shannon Feeney, the new Employer Relations Coordinator here at Career Services.  A 2009 alumna with a passion for everything Orange, I am definitely happy to be back on campus helping students connect with employers of their dreams.  My role in Career Services is to expand the employer base that recruits and hires students from Syracuse University.  I have done lots of research on different types of companies and made efforts to reach out and tell them exactly how awesome you are!

Some things to look forward to this year: we’re welcoming a bunch of new employers to the Fall Career Fair on October 5  – Aeropostale, Amphenol Aerospace, Burlington Coat Factory, eClinical Works, and Turning Stone, just to name a few. We’ll also be hosting all types of information panels. Keep an eye out for the Service Panel on October 3 with representatives from Teach for America, City Year, Student Conservation Association, and Peace Corps!  We’ll continue to connect employers like Macy’s, JPMorgan Chase, GE, and Deloitte to student groups for presentations too.

In my newly created role, I’ll be focusing on bringing opportunities to you from a variety of employers. As I do this, what’s most important is that I hear from you! As I continue to do research about employers and industries, I would love your feedback.  Here are some ways you can help:

1) Share companies that you would like to see on campus

2) Let us know about great companies you’ve interned for

3) Offer ideas for better ways to connect employers with you or your student organization

4) Have a connection to a company that might be interested in recruiting SU students? Pass along my information!

Feel free to contact me with your feedback and ideas! I can be reached by e-mail, telephone (315-443-9092), Twitter, and LinkedIn!

Go Orange!

Tags: , ,

0 thoughts on “Introducing Shannon Feeney…